Some Key Dates
Submissions are now open and will close on 30th June
Ideas will be judged and pared down weekly
Some Ideas will move to *Rapid Implementation
Interviews will run on demand and thru June 31st July
Operational funds available to selected ideas in July*Rapid implementation can be applied to ideas that can bring immediate relief to our global citizens with a small influx of capital. These ideas are selected by the judges and will begin implementation immediately.
- This challenge was visualized and launched prior to the recent COVID-19 challenges we are all facing. However, if an idea is deemed as beneficial to alleviating some of the struggles that the virus directly or indirectly is causing, it can move to Rapid Implementation and receive Operational Funding to be utilized quickly.
- There are no specific requirements for the ideas, all ideas are accepted and judged.
- Up to 10,000 USD Operational Support for the selected ideas
- Teams will be formed and mentored in the Virtual BlueCrest/iSpace Lab
- Office space on BlueCrest campus with bandwidth for teams to work (as conditions allow).
Panel of Judges:
- Todd Holcombe
- Eric Osiakwan
- Ashwin Ravichandran
- Fredrik Andersson
- Dziffa Ametam
- Josiah Kwesi Eyison
All ideas will be judged on:
- Problem Relevance
- Originality of Solution
- Social Impact
- Technical Viability
- Potential for Monetization
- Market Size / Market Placement
Panel of Judges
Todd G Holcombe
CPED - Blue Crest College
Todd Holcombe made the shift to Africa and Education in June of 2014 from technologist in Silicon Valley.
As Senior Faculty at MEST and now head of CPED at BlueCrest, Todd has mentored and helped 100s of potential tech entrepreneurs and start-ups realize their vision.
Eric Osiakwan, Managing Partner of Chanzo Capital is an Entrepreneur and Investor with 15 years of ICT industry leadership across Africa and the world.
He has worked in 32 African countries setting up ISPs, ISPAs, IXPs and high-tech startups.
TV Host / Founder
Citi TV / Dziffa.com
Dziffa Akua Ametam is the co-host of Breakfast Daily on Citi TV delivering culturally enriched conversations, social discussions, and entertainment to the Ghanaian public every weekday morning. Prior to that, Dziffa was founder of Dziffa.com, an online marketplace and a communications fellow at MEST Africa..
Fredrik started his career in emerging market investments at technology venture capital firm Knife Capital in South Africa. Before joining Seedstars, Fredrik spent time at MEST incubator working closely with early stage software entrepreneurs from across the continent thus gaining a deep understanding of the technology landscape in Africa.
Ashwin joined MEST in 2015 as a Technology Teaching Fellow and has since served as the Incubator Manager for MEST Accra, and currently is Director of Portfolio Support and Country Director of Ghana. Ashwin brings extensive technical knowledge to his executive management experience at MEST.
Josiah Kwesi Eyison
CEO & Co-Founder
Josiah Kwesi Eyison is the CEO & Co-Founder of iSpace Foundation, an innovation hub based in Accra supporting Tech and Creative Startups and Entrepreneurs through technology and business/entrepreneurial training, mentoring and a co-working space. With over 40 successful business and personal mentorships each year.