The aim of the BBA (IS) programme is to prepare students to manage issues related to an organizational environment and use modern information technology to solve business problems at the operational, technical, and strategic levels.
- To equip students to be capable of evaluating, designing, implementing, managing, and utilizing systems to generate solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core business operations in organizations.
- To teach critical skills to help students continuously adapt to the ever-changing field of information technology and their applications in business.
- To offer students practical hands-on training and theoretical coursework in a wide range of courses that meets standards in industry and academia.
- To prepare students for careers in the IT (information technology) and Management field;
- To provide knowledge to plan, manage, develop, and implement information systems in business and organizational settings
- To equip them to utilize competencies gained from hands-on experience in core information technologies including:
- Programming languages
- Database management systems
- Spreadsheets and other software used to analyze data
- Web development techniques and technologies
- Networking and telecommunications