The rationale of the programme is to provide an opportunity for undergraduates in IT-based programmes to upgrade their knowledge and skills with emerging trends in IT technologies and research capabilities to qualify them for senior industrial and academic positions, both private and public sector especially colleges of education
The MSc Information Technology (IT) programme aims at producing graduates with advanced technical knowledge and research capabilities in IT to occupy senior management and academic positions and for the future higher research degrees in the field of IT and related disciplines.
Programme objectives are:
- To produce graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in Information Technology to solve developmental problems both nationally and internationally.
- To produce graduates capable of utilizing their technical knowledge and research capabilities to adapt to the increasing advances in technology to incorporate technological change into national and international socio-economic plans.
- To equip the graduates with competencies to appreciate and critique research studies in IT and related disciplines to enable them to identify gaps and make significant contribution to the knowledge in IT and related disciplines.
- To equip graduates with extensive technical knowledge and creativity to discover new solutions to the challenges in IT and related disciplines as well as in developing economies such as Ghana
- To equip graduates with advanced knowledge and skills for higher research degrees in the future.