Lecture 1: Principles of project/Event Management: From concept to reality
- Understanding project management - resources - activities - risk management - delegation - project selection - the role of the Event Manager.
Lecture 2: Preparing a Proposal
- Conducting market research - establishing viability - capacities - costs and facilities - plans - timescales - contracts.
Lecture 3: Seeking Sponsors
- Different types of sponsorship - definition - objectives - target market - budget - strategic development - implementation - evaluation.
Lecture 4: Organizing the Event
- Purpose - venue - timing - guest list - invitations - food & drink - room dressing - equipment - guest of honor - speakers - media - photographers - podium - exhibition.
Lecture 5: Marketing Tools
- Types of advertising - merchandising - give-aways - competitions - promotions - website and text messaging.
Lecture 6: Media Tools
- Media invitations - photo-calls - press releases - TV opportunities - radio interviews.
Lecture 7: Promotional tools
- Flyers - posters - invitations - website - newsletters - blogs - tweets.