DR. WILLIAM QUARMINEDean – Academics
Dr. William Quarmine is the Dean for Academics at BlueCrest College. He earned his M.Phil. in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ghana and his Ph.D. in Development Economics from Wageningen University, Netherlands. He has 18 years of teaching, research and academic management experience, and also pioneered the School of Agriculture and Technology at the University of Energy and Natural Resources, in Sunyani. His current research interests are in the areas of institutional economics, with special focus on how organizational rules affect productivity, development and poverty reduction. His vision is to lead the school to raise the next generation of global leaders who are capable of creating positive change.
Areas of Teaching/ Specialization – Economics
Research Area/ Focus - Dr. Quarmine's research interest is in the area of institutional economics, with special focus on how organizational rules affect productivity, development and poverty reduction.
- Dzanku, F.M.; Asante, K.T., Quarmine, W. and Hodey, L.S. (2020) Smallholder Farmers’ Choice of Oil Palm Commercialisation Model and Household Welfare in South-western Ghana, Working Paper 43, Brighton: Future Agricultures Consortium.
- Adu-Acheampong, R., Jiggins, J., Quartey, E. T., Karikari, N. M., Jonfia-Essien, W., Quarshie, E., Osei-Fosu, P., Amuzu, M., Afri-Mintah, C., Ofori-Frimpong, K., Owusu-Manu, M, Quarmine, W., Otu A. F., Sakyi-Dawson, O (2017). An innovation platform for institutional change in Ghana's cocoa sector. Cahiers Agricultures, 26(3), 35002.
- Osei-Amponsah, C., Sakyi-Dawson, O., Adjei-Nsiah, S., Adu-Acheampong, R., Essegbey, G., & Quarmine, W. (2016). Embedding research for innovation to meet societal needs in national research systems: experiences from Ghana. Cahiers Agricultures, 25(6), 65004.
- Quarmine, W. (2015) Predicting Ghanaian farmers’ intention to sustain the supply of quality cocoa beans, Journal of Energy and Natural Resources, 2 (3), 93-98, 2015.
- Quarmine, W., Haagsma, R., Sakyi-Dawson, O., Asante, F., van Huis, A., & Obeng-Ofori, D. (2012). Did the price-related reforms in Ghana’s cocoa sector favour farmers. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 12(3), 248-262.
- Quarmine, W., Haagsma, R., Sakyi-Dawson, O., Asante, F., van Huis, A., & Obeng-Ofori, D. (2010). Incentives for cocoa bean production in Ghana: Does quality matter? NJAS – Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences, 60-63(60-63), 7-14.