Students Success Centre
The vision is to see students succeed in different fields of their academic lives on campus through extra-curricular activities and career office. Through this, the students expand their capabilities highlighting their talents and skills and maximizing their full potential.
The mission of the BlueCrest College Students Success Office is to create prospects for students to learn how to progress throughout their academic careers on and off campus. Our services provide students as they train through skills and habits for academic success, learn with and from their peers, and reflect on their ongoing progress as scholars. Through Collaborations with BCC faculty and staff, our work endorses a university culture that responds to students’ needs and supports each student’s capability to accomplish their goals.
Students Success Centre Manager
Elsie Rebecca Osei is an MFA graduate from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology with knowledge in Textiles and Fashion. Elsie also obtained her first degree with honors in Industrial Art –Textile design option at the same institution.
She is a self-driven and motivated woman who has the success of students at heart. With her ability to engage with students and people, she takes this role with all seriousness as she believes the key to student progress is not just classroom-based teaching, but also through extracurricular activities.
Together with the Students Representative Council, she hopes to achieve the goals that has been set in making sure students of BlueCrest are successful in and out of school.
- Involve students in school activities to promote inclusion on campus.
- The SRC is a part of the governance of the school since they represent the student body. For this reason, the SRC have an inclusion in what and how some decisions affect the students.
- With the creation of Clubs for each department, the main goal is to have as many students involved in the activities as possible
- Expanding students’ knowledge through extra-curricular activities in and out of school
- Students are to enjoy being with the BlueCrest family thus recommending the school to many people in the long run.
- Create conducive environments where students can prepare for the careers outside campus.
- Organizing internal competitions and winners given prices (this will be discussed with HODs and a way found in how to implement).
- Organisation of events that improve on the student life and general skills of students
- These events can be in the form of seminars, workshops, presentations, international events like breast cancer awareness month, SRC week, etcetera.
- Introduction of new clubs and revamping existing clubs together with departments. These clubs will be run by some faculty of the departments and the human success office will be their main point of contact for advisory purposes
- Partnership with the SRC to implement some of their goals set for the year.
- Organize a survey for students. This survey is meant to give concrete feedback from students and help the student success office in reaching students through what is required by the majority.
- Organizing elections for Alumni. This will help the alumni feel included and have representation when it comes to their affairs.
- Point of contact (POC) documents to be shared with clubs. This will aid them in being independent in their operations
BlueCrest College SRC Holds 2021 Akwaaba Week
The New Administration of the Students Representative Council of BlueCrest University College led by the President Ms. Rosina Naab has organized their first physical event on campus dubbed ‘BlueCrest College SRC Akwaaba Week Celebration 21’. This initiative was taken to officially welcome first-year students and continuing students back to campus after a long break of staying home due to the COVID19 pandemicRead More